Ks1 is a fundamental stage of education, it builds a foundation for students. Primary school, where is all starts, we believe it is essential to conduct a healthy environment for children to study in especially younger children. Therefore, a fun comfortable and heart-warming environment enables children to excel and exceed in their studies as they have courage to ask questions.
Our Tutors stimulate a fun way to learn as we believe younger children perform better when they are self-assured and relaxed. We as an institute believe it is highly important for parents not to overlook this significant stage of education therefore, we provide report books which allow parents to read what their child has covered in every single class, what homework has been set and areas of development.
We understand that younger children require attention and time therefore, our classes are formed of small groups. This enables your child to attain constant attention throughout the class guaranteeing they get the best out of our Tutors.
- Stronger emphasis on vocabulary development, grammar, punctuation and spelling (for example, the use of commas and apostrophes).
- Handwriting- children are expected to be fluent, legible and speedy.
- Spoken English has a greater emphasis, with children to be taught debating and presenting skills.
- Children are expected to learn to count up to 100 and learn number bonds to 20.
- Mental arithmetic includes; lengths and mass/weights, addition and subtraction, money and time.
- Simple fraction (1/4, 1/2 ) are taught from KS1 and by the end of primary school, children should be able to convert decimal fractions to simple fractions.
- By the age of nine, children are expected to know time table up to 12X12.